The lil one had finished his meal (a whole serving and a half) but he wanted more! “Give him some apple.” everyone chimed. So the lil one gets ¼ of a Japanese Fuji Apple, and amazingly finishes it.
What does one do with ¾ of an apple, 3 adults to feed for dessert, vanilla ice cream in the freezer, a still-warm oven and 20 mins to lil one’s wind-down time? *lightbulb appears over head*
What one does:
1. Think fast.
2. Turn oven back up to 200°C.
3. Chop apple into cubes.
4. Place apple in ramekins.
5. Sprinkle apple with cinnamon.
6. Add a dollop of butter.
7. Pop into the oven.
8. Rap fingers on countertop / Attend to lil one for 7 mins.
9. Give a final blast using the grill for 1 min.
10. Remove ramekins from oven and place directly on plates. (Alternative – pour apples out into serving bowls)
11. Scoop as much ice cream as you want on top of apples.
12. Eat quickly.
13. Smile and be satisfied for 2 mins and go “aaaaahhhhh”
14. Get lil one ready for bed.
Now that I think of it, the lil one could also have had the post-oven apples (omit the butter if you are not too keen on lil ones consuming butter.)